Adopting a new dog is a joyful moment for you. Your precious pup brings laughter, fun, and endless love to your home. But as he pees in the corner, all the love vanishes within a few seconds! But there is nothing to worry about it, here are some tips on how to get dog pee smell out of carpet and home.
Baking Soda: A Savior For Pet Issues on Carpet!
When it comes to stain, they can be handled but dog urine is just impossible to live with! Baking soda is a great neutralizing agent. It can easily neutralize the acidic pH of dog urine and the odor it creates. If there is an affected area, firstly wipe up the dog urine from an area, sprinkle some baking soda to absorb any remaining moisture and the odor to eliminate it. If the affected area can handle chemicals, try to use an enzymatic urine cleaner. The enzymes will break down the urine components and will completely eliminate the smell!
If there are any stubborn stains, you may have to repeat the cleaning process for a second treatment. Diluted vinegar is an ultimate all-purpose cleaner that especially helps with neutralizing the dog’s urine.
Related Article: How to Remove Pet Odors from Your Home
If you want to add some mesmerizing fragrance to your carpet after the pet odor removal, try essential oils!
- Add 5-10 drops of essential oils to one cup of water in a spray bottle.
- After blotting away the urine spray the area with the essential oil mixture for a much more pleasing scent.
Vinegar: An Ultimate Solution to Get Dog Pee Smell Out of Carpet
The second option you can use to treat the pet odor in the home is “vinegar”. You might think about how to get dog pee smell out of carpet using vinegar? Here are the carpet cleaning steps to eliminate pet odor using vinegar.
Steps to Remove Pet Odor Using Vinegar:
- Begin with soaking up the urine.
- The less urine there is, the less work the vinegar will have to do. Mix a half a cup of vinegar with 1 and 1/2 cups of warm water.
- Saturate the urine stain with the entire mixture then lets it sit for five minutes.
- Use a towel to soak up as much wetness as possible.
- Next, include another go-to odor remover, baking soda, to the process.
- Sprinkle baking soda onto the area and allow it to dry.
- Once it is dried, vacuum up the baking soda to completely remove the dog urine odor and stains.
These were some tricks on how to get dog pee smell out of carpet. Get in touch with Kelley Carpet Cleaning professionals today to know more tips and tricks to restore your carpet life. You can call our professionals at (757) 504-2267 for more details. Follow us on Facebook for regular updates.